Summer Fresh Greek Salad with Almond Feta
I used all organic produce for this salad and good quality Greek Kalamata olive with fresh oregano leaves. The results were delicious and so refreshing. Remember to make your almond feta the day before so this salad can come together in minutes.
Almond Feta Cheese
1 cup raw organic almonds, soaked overnight and blanched to remove skins
¼ cup lemon juice
3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp. or more Himalayan salt
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process with the “S” blade to a slightly smooth consistency. Add purified water in small increments to thin to desired consistency if necessary.
2. Store in a sealed glass container for up to 5 days.
1 head of romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces, washed and spun dry
¼ small red onion, diced fine
1 cup ripe red and yellow grape tomatoes, cut in half
½ small English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and cut in thin diagonal slices
1 small red pepper, diced
1 small yellow pepper, diced
½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
1/3 cup almond feta
Cooked chickpeas, optional
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. Kalamata olive brine
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 Tbs. fresh oregano leaves
Drizzle of raw honey, optional
1. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing.
2. Add lettuce to a mixing bowl and toss with half the dressing.
3. Transfer to an attractive serving bowl and add onion, tomatoes, cucumber and peppers. Toss well.
4. Drizzle with remaining dressing and gently toss again.
5. Top with almond feta, sprouts, chick peas and fresh oregano.
6. Serve immediately.