Golden milk is a comforting hot drink before bedtime or an alternative to a mug of java in the morning. It’s especially soothing and warming during the winter months when we can feel achy and chilled from the cold.
3 cups almond or coconut milk
2 tsp. golden paste (see below for recipe)
Stevia or raw honey to sweeten
1. Heat milk over medium heat until very warm, but not boiling.
2. Remove from heat and stir in golden paste and mix well.
3. Add sweetener of choice and serve immediately.
Turmeric is one of the greatest anti-inflammatories in nature’s pharmacy. One teaspoon daily will greatly help with many inflammatory issues. I like to have a supply of golden paste in the refrigerator so I can make golden milk on a daily basis. The addition of added ground ginger, black pepper and coconut oil to the mixture makes the turmeric paste more bioavailable.
1 cup purified water
¼ cup organic turmeric powder
1 Tbs. ground organic ginger
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 Tbs. coconut oil
1. Bring water to boil in a small saucepan.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add turmeric, ginger and pepper stirring continuously for 7 to 9 minutes.
3. Add small amounts of water as necessary to keep the paste from drying out.
4. Turn off heat and stir in coconut oil until it’s completely absorbed.
5. Pour into a small glass jar and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
by Marian Tobin-Hardy