Berry Parfait with Cashew Nut Cream
This dessert is so easy to make and absolutely delicious.
Frozen berries are perfect because of their added juiciness and availability year-round.
Equipment needed: High speed blender
1½ cups frozen raspberries, thawed
1 ½ cups frozen strawberries, thawed
1½ cup frozen blueberries, thawed
Zest of 1 organic lemon, reserve some for garnish
Juice of half lemon
Stevia powder or sweetener of choice to sweeten
Fresh mint for garnish
1½ cups cashews
¾ cup purified water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-2 tbs. agave
1. In a small mixing bowl add raspberries and strawberries.
2. Add blueberries to a separate mixing bowl.
3. Once berries are thawed, gently mash to a chunky consistency.
4. Add ½ lemon juice and zest to each and mix. Add sweetener and sweeten to desired sweetness. Allow to rest so flavors develop.
5. In a high speed blender add all cashew cream ingredients and process at high speed until very smooth and creamy. If too thick, add small amounts of water incrementally to thin. The consistency should be like thick whipped cream.
6. In a parfait glass, add a spoonful of blueberries top with cream. Next, add a spoonful of raspberry/strawberry mixture and top with spoonful of cream.
7. Proceed until you have 3 layers and top with cream and garnish with sprinkle of lemon zest and sprig of mint. Serve immediately.
Let me know what you think – Marian.